Classes begin quarterly
Online Wisconsin Coding Boot Camp
Become a web developer in 24 weeks
With the rising demand for web development skills across industries, University of Wisconsin Coding Boot Camp was designed to prepare students with the knowledge they need to tap into today’s digital economy.
- Gain access to continuation courses that cover additional market-driven technologies, including Python, Java, C#, and Amazon Web Services.
- Work together with your peers and take your new skills to the next level on challenging projects, building a portfolio of apps and projects to showcase your knowledge.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Wisconsin, demonstrating your achievement to future employers.
- Benefit from a wide array of career support services like resume and social media profile support, technical interview preparation, portfolio reviews, soft skills training, and recruiting to help you put your best foot forward.
Innovative Online Model
Offered online, the part-time University of Wisconsin Coding Boot Camp was designed for busy, working professionals like you. We understand that you need the flexibility to fit your education around your existing work and life commitments, but we also know that accountability is needed to help you become a web developer.
Flexible Online Lessons
Each week you will work through the project-based lessons on your own schedule. Fit the content around your life and work commitments knowing our support system is there if you need it.
Engaging Virtual Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. Our online classes are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly-knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your instructor and teaching assistants.
Receive extensive support from a team dedicated to helping you succeed. This support team consists of instructors, teaching assistants, tutors, and student success and career services teams.
Make sure that you’re retaining your new coding skills by utilizing additional opportunities to apply your knowledge in real-world settings. Make sure that you’re on-pace and progressing through the course as you should be.
Our 24-week, part-time program provides you with the flexibility you need to advance your skills without leaving your day job. Our program provides the opportunity to become part of a community of peers and dive into a life-changing experience. With classroom-based learning and hands-on projects, you’ll explore the theory and application of web development.
- Algorithms (Searches, Sorts)
- Time Complexity
- Big O Notation
- Data Structures
Browser Based Technologies
- Responsive Design
- Local Storage, Session Storage, IndexedDB
Server Side Development
- User Authentication
- Progressive Web Applications (PWAs)
- MERN Stack (MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, Node.js)
Supplemental Self-Study Topics
- Amazon Web Services
*The material covered in this program is subject to change due to market demand.
Get Program Info
When learning to code, it’s important to have help available when you need it. University of Wisconsin Coding Boot Camp’s online program offers you multiple layers of support from a team of people who have your back, including:
Get support from instructors and teaching assistants. Our instructional staff of industry professionals is there to help you gain the skills you need on your coding journey.
Qualified students will have access to free tutoring upon request and receive up to an hour a week of 1:1 time with a skilled tutor to discuss class material, code reviews, or career related questions.
Students receive support from a dedicated team throughout their boot camp journey. Whether you need a coach, some inspiration, or someone to talk to about catching up on homework, you’ll always have someone there to help.
You will have access to a dedicated career director and profile coach that will help you prepare to land your dream job after completing the boot camp. Learn how to build your personal brand and stand out in today’s market through:
- Technical and Behavioral Interview Preparation
- Industry Speakers and Events
- Resume, LinkedIn, and Portfolio Development
Students will have a classroom full of fellow aspiring coders to collaborate with, ask questions, or motivate each other through difficult material. The virtual classes allows students to bolster their professional network, extending beyond graduation. Once you complete the program, you will become a member of our boot camp alumni community, which brings a wealth of networking opportunities.
Are you looking to change career paths and break into the tech industry, advance in your current career, or expand your knowledge? If yes, and if you are hard working with a drive to succeed, then this could be for you. Other reasons this program might be the right move:
- You are interested in freelancing to supplement your current income—or want to engage more productively in your current job
- You want to move companies or change careers—or switch from a non-technical to a technical role
- You dream of going “all in” on an entrepreneurial idea and want to gain the skills needed to build your product
- You are a constant learner and wish to gain additional knowledge or amplify your skill set while in college
Frequently Asked Questions
No, applicants to the University of Wisconsin Coding Boot Camp do not need to be UW students. This program is offered through a collaboration between UW Extended Campus and UW-Milwaukee.
No. While having some background can help, our pre-course tutorials will get you up to speed and ready to start learning on Day 1.
- Our part-time program costs $11,995. Scholarships and payment plans are available for those who qualify.
*Tuition is subject to change
- University of Wisconsin Coding Boot Camp is offered collaboratively by UW Extended Campus and UW-Milwaukee, in partnership with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand. Program graduates receive a Certificate of Completion from UW Extended Campus on behalf of the University of Wisconsin and its partners.
Coding Part-Time Schedule
- 24-week online program
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational or personal obligations
- Learn through a blend of scheduled instructor-led online classes two days per week and engaging content and projects to work through on your own schedule
- Dedicate 4 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on self-paced learning and hands-on projects